What is the best way to get in the Holiday Spirit in South Florida? We do not have fireplaces and snow to give us the holiday season feel but we do have Holiday Boat Parades! All over Florida boat owners decorate their boats of all sizes in holiday lights and drive down the intracoastal waterways for everyone to view! Gather friends and family and attend one of the fun Holiday Boat Parades in your area.
- Pompano Beach Boat Parade December 13, 2015 6:00 pm. The boat parade begins at Santa Barbara and ends at The Cove. This is the nation’s longest running boat parade.
- Fort Lauderdale Boat Parade December 12, 2015 6:00pm. The gates to the Grandstand Viewing Area opens at 3:30pm. This boat parade is sponsored by The Seminole Hard Rock. The parade starts along the New River and travels east to the Intracoastal Waterway in Fort Lauderdale and north to Lake Santa Barbara in Pompano Beach. The best way to see the parade is watching from the Grandstand Viewing Area (just north of Sunrise Boulevard)
If you are going to the parade by boat keep these tips in mind:
- Ensure your lights are working
- Get there early and stay a little later to avoid the rush
- Make sure your life jackets are readily available